cantwaitbentons

Who knows what you might find here... but likely it will be about our kids and the wonderful family that God has built for us. As always, we can't wait!! -- "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27 NIV

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

By the skin of my teeth!

Wait... my teeth don't have skin. Maybe it's "By the hair of my chinny-chin-chin"? Well, thankfully, my chin doesn't (yet) have hair either. :o)

Anyway - President's Day was the day for all things medical. It started out with a root canal for me (ugh, still hurts) at 8:30. At 9:00, Bill had all 4 of the younger kids at the pediatrician for TB tests (oh my, you would've thought we were killing them... SOMEone tipped them off that it would involve a needle). It was my plan to go to the dentist for the consult, and then meet the family at the ped's, but the dentist offered to take care of it then-n-there, and since I was off for the day, it surely sounded like a good idea... not knowing the torture the kids (ok, Bill) were going thru.

I got home at 11:30 and Bill and I had 1:15 appointments for our physicals, so I had just enough time to type up the 2nd page of the physical forms for our dossier (computer probs Sunday)... trying to make it as easy as possible for our doctor to fill out the forms. Then off to Clinton we all went. We tag-teamed the kids in the waiting room, and actually they did great... and Bill and I passed with flying colors (more below)!!! From there, it was off to get bloodwork for me - because I hadn't eaten, but Bill couldn't get his done until the next day (fasting bloodwork if they're checking cholesterol). And because I'd tested positive for TB exposure in 2005, I also needed a chest xray, so that was next. No worries about the TB... it's just exposure - I don't have TB and am not contagious - and I took 9 mos of medicine just to be 100% sure.
Wow - 4 medical things done in one day off... just for me, and really, it was a total of 9 medical things - now that's God.

So, for the "more below" and "skin of my teeth" comments - you may know that the reason we rushed Alex's paperwork in 2007 was because China was changing the rules (again), saying that it's better to grow up in an orphanage than it is to have a fat parent... well, that's not exactly how they worded it, but you get the idea. Since I come from a large family, in more ways than one, we had to rush to beat that deadline and have our paperwork submitted before the rules changed. Ha, we thought God was done building our family at that point... but ya just never know what God's got planned, doya? So I've been trying and trying to loose a few - ok, more than a few - and yesterday when we went for our physicals, and the scale revealed the exact amount required... well, I didn't do the Snoopy Dance right there in the dr's office (there is a question on the physical form about one's mental state;), but you can bet I'm doing it now!!! I'm not done yet, and I have had some help - more from Above than from medical science - but I'm wayyyyy excited that I'm at least done enough for the paperwork!!!
Happy to be a loser - I've lost the same 20 pounds over and over in the past, but never any more than 20, and they've always come back... with a few friends, but since Jan. 08, I've lost almost double those 20 and can't wait for the next 20. Thank You Father!!!

And here's some COOL NEWS, not on the adoption front: Johnny got his base assignment (given 100 days before graduation)... if he doesn't go to flight school - which he's still on track for, but just in case - he'll be stationed at Langley AFB... less than three hours away!!! Even cooler than that in JB's opinion, I'm sure, is that graduation is less than 100 days away!!! Wow!!! You GO! Boy!!!

Let's Roll!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mom/Alisa said...

Cool! What wonderful news! I'm so happy for you!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I am so thrilled for you!!! I can't wait to see what child God has already chosen for your family!!!!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Kelley said...

Love it when God works like that!! Keep posting!

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click for Taiyuan, Shanxi Forecast